March 29, 2013
The Berg Fashion Library was awarded the Electronic Reference Award at the Annual Awards Ceremony of the 2013 Popular Culture Association / American Culture Association (PCAACA) National Conference held at the Wardman Park Marriott in Washington D.C. on March 29, 2013.
February 26, 2013
November 15, 2012
September 6, 2012
May 3, 2012
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc. has partnered with the Philadelphia Museum of Art. With this exciting addition to the Berg Fashion Library the Museum will be sharing c.2500 high quality images from their world-renowned costume and textiles collection, to go live in 2013.
• 1,500 new images, from the Commercial Pattern Archive and the Metropolitan Museum of Art
• New journal content, including the new Fashion Theory Supplement and book and exhibition reviews
• New functionalities: improved search results and separate links to access journals content
January 6, 2012
The fourth update of the year brings a host of new content and functionality:
- Nine new articles for the Online Exclusives section of the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion
- 10 new e-books
- New collection page for the Commercial Pattern Archive (CoPA), with images to follow in 2012
- Direct linking through to third-party hosted journal content using an OpenURL resolver
- Activation of external links to Oxford Art Online for subscribers on SAMS as “Grove Art” (as well as “Oxford Art Online”)
- Internal links from V&A images to articles on individual designers in the A to Z of Fashion
September 20, 2011
The Berg Fashion Library has been awarded with an ALPSP (Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers) Highly Commended Certificate for Publishing Innovation 2011. The Winner was announced at the 2011 ALPSP International Conference at Heythrop Park, near Oxford, UK from 14-16 September.
September 9, 2011
Now Live! More content including images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Berg has partnered with the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York to bring 2000+ images from the internationally renowned Costume Institute’s collection to be available through the Berg Fashion Library. 500 images are now live on the site.
New this month:
Seven new articles for the Online Exclusives section of the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion
500 images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY. This is the first of four groups of images from the Met
Lesson Plans with links through to online content
Several hundred links to Oxford Art Online
July 5, 2011
The Berg Fashion Library has been shortlisted for the for the ALPSP (Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers) Award for Publishing Innovation 2011. The Winner will be announced at the 2011 ALPSP International Conference at Heythrop Park, near Oxford, UK from 14-16 September.
June 20, 2011
Glowing write-ups in Reference Reviews and Booklist
The Encyclopedia and Berg Fashion Library received the following praise from Oscar Courtney, Assistant Librarian at Manchester Metropolitan University, in Reference Reviews:
"An absolutely absorbing resource ... I never tired of discovering many of the numerous and fascinating facts, contained within, and it was a joy!"
Following up from their starred reviews of the Berg Fashion Library and Encyclopedia, Booklist also ran a feature in their Focus: Inside the 2011 Dartmouth Medal Winner article:
"In a world of fewer new reference sources either in print or online, the hard work, will, and determination of Berg have come to fruition in an exciting new resource. Congratulations to the little company that could."